2008 m. gruodžio 1 d., pirmadienis

End-of-ESP course self-assessment

WRITING (summaries) - In my opinion I performed quite well in this task, much better than it was last year. I finally learned how to find the main points of the article and how to write a good restatement summary.

WRITING ESP VOCABULARY TESTS- I think my performance was quite good although sometimes I failed to write few definitions. But generally I think I succeeded in this task because I wrote most of definitions in my own words and they were correct so I think that it shows that my knowledge of vocabulary has improved.

WRITING CLASS DICTATIONS (comprehension questions before the listening practice) - That task was quite difficult because some of words were unknown for me and sometimes I had some difficulties with spelling. Although in my opinion my skills in writing dictations have improved this term.

LISTENING COMPREHENSION IN CLASS- That task was one of the easiest for me this term. I don't think my skills changed a lot.

LISTENING TO PEER'S POWER POINT PRESENTATIONS- I found it quite difficult to listen to a person who reads all text from a handout. But generally speaking this task was quite easy and I think my knowledge on ESP themes became better after listening to my classmates' presentations.

MAKING POWER POINT PRESENTATIONS- This task wasn’t very easy because talking in front of the class is quite stressful for me. Nevertheless I think my performance was quite good and I have improved my speaking skills during preparation for this task.

SPEAKING ON ESP THEMES IN CLASS- I haven’t talked a lot during the lessons this term so I don’t think my speaking skills changed much this term.